Want to build the ultimate marketplace experience for millions of daily active users? We’d love to have you in our team.
You will be an essential part of a group of skilled and fun professionals in crafting high quality HTML, CSS, and JS that directly influence the web experience for millions of our loyal customers. You will be collaborating with Backend and QA engineers in a cross-functional team, rapidly delivering exciting user-facing improvements to critical parts of Bukalapak.
Living outside Jakarta or Indonesia? We can provide support for your relocation.
Please note that we do not provide visa sponsorship, so you need to make sure that you are eligible to work in Indonesia.
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m a Front-end Engineer at Bukalapak, things I built are being used by millions of our customers. What do you mean, ‘what is front-end’? I built the front-end side of Bukalapak. Front as in, directly facing our customers.. I mean.. Sigh.. I build great websites, and what about you?”
What you will really be doing
- Style all the features identified in the planning outline
- Ensure compatibility between your codes and all Valitics-defined browsers content
- Conform to the W3C standards
Skills & Requirements
What we want you to be
- Opinionated and having high standards about what makes a good experience on the web
- Care about semantic markup, consistency of design, and maintainable frontend architecture
- Have a keen eye for design and exceptional attention to detail
- Enjoy a challenge and are eager to grow
- Excited to work on high traffic, high profile websites with complex requirements
- Yearning for a company that put high values on training and developing your skills (hint: that company is us!)
What we need you to have
- Bachelor Degree in computer science, design, or related field; or significant equivalent experience
- Ability to build responsive websites without the need to rely on front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Practical experience in front end development, whether in-house, for an agency, or as a freelancer
- Knowledge of Git version control systems
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal
What would make you stand out from the crowd!
- Experience with frameworks, CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS, task runners (e.g. React.js, Sass)
- Experience with web accessibility, cross-browser compatibility issues, and frontend performance optimizations
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc
- Being comfortable working through the command line
- Dedication to unit testing, code reviews, and other quality-oriented practices
- Good understanding of layout and basic user interface design principles
- Basic graphic design skills (i.e. Adobe Photoshop or similar)