Tens of millions of page views, millions of customers, these are the kind of scale that you will be working with everyday at Bukalapak.
You will be an essential part of a team of skilled and fun professionals in developing high-performance and reliable web service/applications. Our 140+ person product & engineering teams will be the perfect place for you to collaborate and learn the ropes together in building the ultimate marketplace experience for millions of Indonesian online shoppers and sellers.
Living outside Jakarta or Indonesia? We can provide support for your relocation.
Please note that we do not provide visa sponsorship, so you need to make sure that you are eligible to work in Indonesia.
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m a Software Engineer at Bukalapak, I work together with my teammates in building, deploying, and monitoring awesome web services/applications that bring positive impact and happiness to millions of users.”
What you will really be doing
- Work within a cross-functional product team, collaborating with front-end engineers and QA engineers in rapidly developing and delivering high quality ideas to production.
- Develop clean and scalable codes/APIs.
- See the code you write in the morning went live to production in the afternoon.
- Learn about best practices in software craftsmanship. We have biweekly knowledge sharing sessions, peer code reviews, and personal training budgets for every engineers.
- Use exciting and cutting-edge technologies: from Ruby to Go to Erlang, we’re proudly polyglot and not shying away from using the best tool for the job!
What we want you to be
- Passionately in love with programming.
- Eager to grow and willing to continuously learn.
- Excellent team player.
- Yearning for a company that put high values on training and developing your skills.
What we need you to have
- Bachelor degree from computer science or related fields, or equivalent software engineering experience.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Excellent analysis skills.
- Understanding of SQL.
What would make you stand out from the crowd!
- Knowledge in Ruby, Go, Java, C++, or Python.
- Have a good grasp in object-oriented programming practices.
- Prior experience in building web apps/services.
- Knows the zen of design patterns.
- Breathe and love high scalability.
- Able to talk Unix even in your sleep.
- Understands MongoDB.